fot

Re: [Fot] Suspension bushings

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Suspension bushings
From: Phil Gott via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:17:25 -0400
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-2B3B1F00-787C-4B8F-8E1D-C5C5C2D7D38D
        charset=utf-8

On my TR4A I run the stock set up at the trunnion. For the lower control arm=
 inner pivots I use the factory Nylon/Delrin bushings for a TR3 lower inner c=
ontrol arm bushings. I install grease fittings on the a arm and keep these g=
reased.=20
On the upper inner control arm I also use the same TR3B lower inner control a=
rm
Bushings. They replace the rubber inserts perfectly. I keep them well liubed=
 with oil.=20
We also did a TR6 this way. Works very well and quite robust.
Phil Gott

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 10, 2020, at 11:20 AM, Scott Janzen via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wr=
ote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFIn my GT6 I run the bushings with steel inserts I got from Scott H=
arper at Team Triumph.  I don=E2=80=99t know what they are - black hard plas=
tic with steel inserts - but they=E2=80=99ve been on the car for at least ei=
ght years with no signs of play and 5-6 race weekends a year.  I take things=
 apart very regularly to inspect - these have worked well.
>=20
> On Mar 10, 2020, at 11:00 AM, Jonathan Wright via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>=
 wrote:
>=20
> Hello FOT,
>=20
> I am looking for recommendations on suspension bushings for my racecar. A l=
ittle Formula VEE spun into me and took out my front right upright/trunion t=
his weekend at willow springs, so while I'm replacing the upright assembly, I=
 figured it would be a good time to replace the old worn suspension bushings=
. I have been told a number of different opinions from "poly bushings would b=
e an improvement over your old worn out bushings" to "nylon is the only way t=
o go" to "poly and nylon are terrible you need delrin bushings." So in my la=
ck of experience as a vintage triumph racecar driver, I'm asking you seasone=
d vets your opinions on the matter and why, what you are currently running, a=
nd if you could please provide me with where I can source the bushings you r=
ecommend. Up until now, I haven't had any complaints with the handling chara=
cteristics of the car, but I know the bushings are ready for replacement. I h=
aven't taken them out yet, so I'm not sure what is currently in there. Addit=
ionally, if you would be kind enough to spell it out for me what type of bus=
hings you run in which locations I would appreciate it.
>=20
> Kas's catch phrase is "never be beaten by equipment" but that Formula VEE'=
s equipment beat me up pretty good as it was spinning across the track takin=
g me out with him...=20
>=20
> Thanks!
> Jonathan Wright
om
>=20
>=20
>=20
.com
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail-2B3B1F00-787C-4B8F-8E1D-C5C5C2D7D38D
        charset=utf-8

utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">On my TR4A I run the stock set up at the tr=
unnion. For the lower control arm inner pivots I use the factory Nylon/Delri=
n bushings for a TR3 lower inner control arm bushings. I install grease fitt=
ings on the a arm and keep these greased.&nbsp;<div>On the upper inner contr=
ol arm I also use the same TR3B lower inner control arm</div><div>Bushings. T=
hey replace the rubber inserts perfectly. I keep them well liubed with oil.&=
nbsp;</div><div>We also did a TR6 this way. Works very well and quite robust=
020, at 11:20 AM, Scott Janzen via Fot &lt;fot@autox.team.net&gt; wrote:<br>=
meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">In m=
y GT6 I run the bushings with steel inserts I got from Scott Harper at Team T=
riumph. &nbsp;I don=E2=80=99t know what they are - black hard plastic with s=
teel inserts - but they=E2=80=99ve been on the car for at least eight years w=
ith no signs of play and 5-6 race weekends a year. &nbsp;I take things apart=
 very regularly to inspect - these have worked well.<div class=3D""><div><br=
 class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Mar 10, 2020, at 11:00 AM, Jonathan Wright vi=
a Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; class=3D"">fot@autox.team.ne=