fot

Re: [Fot] Suspension bushings

To: Jonathan Wright <jon.wright.lbc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Suspension bushings
From: Brian Schirano via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:34:58 -0400
Cc: fot <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000fa10c005a082b4f5

I ran this same question by FOT a month or two ago for my GT6. I wanted
Delrin or Nylatron but these were impossible to find. Ted S suggested
buying the Delrin and machining myself, but I didn't.  In the end I ordered
poly bushings from SuperPro USA.  You can get an absolutely complete front
suspension rebuild kit from the Roadster Factory which is has the black
poly bushes that Scott describes.

Best
Brian

--
Brian Schirano
585-305-0349

--000000000000fa10c005a082b4f5

GT6. I wanted Delrin or Nylatron but these were impossible to find. Ted S s=
uggested buying the Delrin and machining myself, but I didn&#39;t.=C2=A0 In=
 the end I ordered poly bushings from SuperPro USA.=C2=A0 You can get an ab=
solutely complete front suspension rebuild kit from the Roadster Factory wh=
"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 11:01 AM Jo=
nathan Wright via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.t=
margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-lef=
ng for recommendations on suspension bushings for my racecar. A little Form=
ula VEE spun into me and took out my front right upright/trunion this weeke=
nd at willow springs, so while I&#39;m replacing the upright assembly, I fi=
gured it would be a good time to replace the old worn suspension bushings. =
I have been told a number of different opinions from &quot;poly bushings wo=
uld be an improvement over your old worn out bushings&quot; to &quot;nylon =
is the only way to go&quot; to &quot;poly and nylon are terrible you need d=
elrin bushings.&quot; So in my lack of experience as a vintage triumph race=
car driver, I&#39;m asking you seasoned vets your opinions on the matter an=
d why, what you are currently running, and if you could please provide me w=
ith where I can source the bushings you recommend. Up until now, I haven&#3=
9;t had any complaints with the handling characteristics of the car, but I =
know the bushings are ready for replacement. I haven&#39;t taken them out y=
et, so I&#39;m not sure what is currently in there. Additionally, if you wo=
uld be kind enough to spell it out for me what type of bushings you run in =
atch phrase is &quot;never be beaten by equipment&quot; but that Formula VE=
E&#39;s equipment beat me up pretty good as it was spinning across the trac=
v>Jonathan Wright</div></div>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/bschirano1@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/fot/bschirano1@gmail.com</a><br>
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Brian Schirano<div>585-305-0349=

--000000000000fa10c005a082b4f5--

--===============1945180337129369835==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com