fot

[Fot] Best head gasket revisited

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Best head gasket revisited
From: Joe Boruch via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 01:25:14 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_267110_1207651591.1603589114761

I was not receiving list emails for a while, so I missed the conversation a=
 few months ago.=C2=A0
For those of you using the composite or even Cometic gaskets, have you done=
 much relieving around the intake valves?=C2=A0 I have not found any such g=
asket that would not protrude out into the combustion chamber.=C2=A0 I even=
 bought one from BPNW that was good for up to 92mm bore, but it still protr=
uded.=C2=A0 I have been using steel shim head gaskets with copper wire o-ri=
ngs in the fire rings, but would like a simpler set up.=C2=A0 I have held o=
ff on putting my TR3 engine back together for years (while playing with S20=
00s and Miatas) waiting for a better head gasket.=C2=A0 Joe B
------=_Part_267110_1207651591.1603589114761

style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial,
sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I was not
receiving list emails for a while, so I missed the conversation a few months
data-setdir="false">For those of you using the composite or even Cometic
gaskets, have you done much relieving around the intake valves?&nbsp; I have
not found any such gasket that would not protrude out into the combustion
chamber.&nbsp; I even bought one from BPNW that was good for up to 92mm bore,
but it still protruded.&nbsp; I have been using steel shim head gaskets with
copper wire o-rings in the fire rings, but would like a simpler set up.&nbsp; I
have held off on putting my TR3 engine back together for years (while playing
with S2000s and Miatas) waiting for a better head gasket.&nbsp; Joe
------=_Part_267110_1207651591.1603589114761--

--===============4148769777783681856==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com