fot

[Fot] Question

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Question
From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 18:06:45 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_4564780_1535513267.1611425205477

I have a question about the bracket that the clutch slave cylinder attaches=
 to.=C2=A0 This bracket is attached to the bottom of the bell housing and i=
s supported by a 5/16" rod that goes from the bottom of this bracket and at=
taches to one of the oil pan bolts.=C2=A0 Got that so far?
I have 2 of these brackets and they are different.=C2=A0 It looks like the =
difference is in the hole location and shape.=C2=A0 One bracket would appea=
r to locate the slave cylinder closer to the bell housing than the other.=
=C2=A0 I assume one of these is for a TR-3, and the other for a TR-4, altho=
ugh who knows when they made the change.=C2=A0 My question is which is whic=
h?
It looks to me like the best way to differentiate is the difference in the =
upper hole location, that is, the 2 holes at the top of the bracket when in=
stalled.=C2=A0 One of my brackets has the top holes approximately 1 5/8" ap=
art on center.=C2=A0 The other bracket has the top holes 1 13/16" apart on =
center.
So does anyone have a bracket which is known to be for a TR-3 or one known =
to be for a TR-4.=C2=A0 If so, could you please measure the distance betwee=
n the top holes on center?=C2=A0 Thanks for your help, and if anyone has an=
y information about when this was changed (and why), I would be interested =
in that.
Jack Wheeler

------=_Part_4564780_1535513267.1611425205477

ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I have a question about the bracket that the=
 clutch slave cylinder attaches to.&nbsp; This bracket is attached to the b=
ottom of the bell housing and is supported by a 5/16" rod that goes from th=
e bottom of this bracket and attaches to one of the oil pan bolts.&nbsp; Go=
ir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I have 2 of these brackets and they are di=
fferent.&nbsp; It looks like the difference is in the hole location and sha=
pe.&nbsp; One bracket would appear to locate the slave cylinder closer to t=
he bell housing than the other.&nbsp; I assume one of these is for a TR-3, =
and the other for a TR-4, although who knows when they made the change.&nbs=
p; My question is which is which?</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"fals=
 best way to differentiate is the difference in the upper hole location, th=
at is, the 2 holes at the top of the bracket when installed.&nbsp; One of m=
y brackets has the top holes approximately 1 5/8" apart on center.&nbsp; Th=
e other bracket has the top holes 1 13/16" apart on center.</div><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"fa=
lse">So does anyone have a bracket which is known to be for a TR-3 or one k=
nown to be for a TR-4.&nbsp; If so, could you please measure the distance b=
etween the top holes on center?&nbsp; Thanks for your help, and if anyone h=

--===============9197438112755343405==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

--===============9197438112755343405==--