fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 wheel offset

To: dustin nicholson <nicholsondustin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 wheel offset
From: John Styduhar via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 17:48:24 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--00000000000076c68a05c200bde2

Hi Dustin, I'm running John Brown wheels on my TR3B vintage racer, 5.5 x 15
with an offsett of 15 mm.  Most club rules allow +1 inch over factory stock
width.  Some guys cheat and run wider but clearance with the rear leaf
springs or rear fender lip limit cheating.  Rubber limit for me is the
Hoosier Speedster 205 x 60 on the 5.5 inch rim without grinding leaf
springs but the tread rolls side-to-side and you may need to remove
the inner fender lip.  I run 1/4 inch front spacers and -3 deg. camber in
the front to clear front fenders.  I also use rear spacers to adjust track
width and clearance issues. Hope this helps.

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 3:49 PM dustin nicholson via Fot <fot@autox.team.ne=
t>
wrote:

> Amici,
>
> What wheel width and offset are y=E2=80=99all running on a vintage legal =
track car?

> I=E2=80=99m looking at buying I set of vintage wheels that have practical=
ly zero
> offset. Attached are photos of my test fit that show the wheel sits in mo=
re
> than seems right. I like the wheels but I=E2=80=99m not sure they=E2=80=
=99re what I need.

> On the front the outer rim is a couple of inches inboard from the fender
> lip. On the rear the inner rim clears the leafspring by less than a half
> inch. You can see where the previous owner notched the leaf springs so th=
> tire won=E2=80=99t rub, so I suppose I can make these wheels work but I m=
ight be
> giving up track width.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dusty Nicholson _______________________________________________
> fot@autox.team.net
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/johnstydo@gmail.com

--00000000000076c68a05c200bde2

Dustin, I&#39;m running John Brown wheels on my TR3B vintage racer, 5.5 x 1=
5 with an offsett of 15 mm.=C2=A0 Most club rules allow=C2=A0+1 inch over f=
actory stock width.=C2=A0 Some guys cheat and run wider but clearance with =
the rear leaf springs or rear fender lip limit cheating.=C2=A0 Rubber limit=
 for me is the Hoosier Speedster 205 x 60 on the 5.5 inch rim without grind=
ing leaf springs but the tread rolls side-to-side and you may need to remov=
e the=C2=A0inner fender lip.=C2=A0 I run 1/4 inch front spacers and -3 deg.=
 camber in the front to clear front fenders.=C2=A0 I also use rear spacers =
to adjust track width and clearance issues. Hope this helps.</div><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, May 10, 202=
1 at 3:49 PM dustin nicholson via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.=
quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,=
204);padding-left:1ex">Amici,<br>
What wheel width and offset are y=E2=80=99all running on a vintage legal tr=
ack car?<br>
I=E2=80=99m looking at buying I set of vintage wheels that have practically=
 zero offset. Attached are photos of my test fit that show the wheel sits i=
n more than seems right. I like the wheels but I=E2=80=99m not sure they=E2=
=80=99re what I need.<br>
On the front the outer rim is a couple of inches inboard from the fender li=
p. On the rear the inner rim clears the leafspring by less than a half inch=
. You can see where the previous owner notched the leaf springs so the tire=
 won=E2=80=99t rub, so I suppose I can make these wheels work but I might b=
e giving up track width. <br>
Thanks,<br>
Dusty Nicholson _______________________________________________<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/johnstydo@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/fot/johnstydo@gmail.com</a><br>

--00000000000076c68a05c200bde2--