fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 wheel offset

To: dustin nicholson <nicholsondustin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 wheel offset
From: John Styduhar via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 19:28:19 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000bc0fa305c20222a1

As a word of caution to you, running the stock rear axles and hubs is
asking for trouble since they have been known to break with the added
stress of racing.   Upgrading to one-piece axle would be wise if you are
getting serious.

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 3:49 PM dustin nicholson via Fot <fot@autox.team.ne=
t>
wrote:

> Amici,
>
> What wheel width and offset are y=E2=80=99all running on a vintage legal =
track car?

> I=E2=80=99m looking at buying I set of vintage wheels that have practical=
ly zero
> offset. Attached are photos of my test fit that show the wheel sits in mo=
re
> than seems right. I like the wheels but I=E2=80=99m not sure they=E2=80=
=99re what I need.

> On the front the outer rim is a couple of inches inboard from the fender
> lip. On the rear the inner rim clears the leafspring by less than a half
> inch. You can see where the previous owner notched the leaf springs so th=
> tire won=E2=80=99t rub, so I suppose I can make these wheels work but I m=
ight be
> giving up track width.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dusty Nicholson _______________________________________________
> fot@autox.team.net
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/johnstydo@gmail.com

--000000000000bc0fa305c20222a1

a word of caution to you, running the stock rear axles and hubs is asking f=
or trouble since they have been known=C2=A0to break with the added stress o=
f racing.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Upgrading to one-piece axle would be wise if you are =
 class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 3:49 PM dustin nicholson via =
Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wr=
ote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px=
 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Amici,<br>
What wheel width and offset are y=E2=80=99all running on a vintage legal tr=
ack car?<br>
I=E2=80=99m looking at buying I set of vintage wheels that have practically=
 zero offset. Attached are photos of my test fit that show the wheel sits i=
n more than seems right. I like the wheels but I=E2=80=99m not sure they=E2=
=80=99re what I need.<br>
On the front the outer rim is a couple of inches inboard from the fender li=
p. On the rear the inner rim clears the leafspring by less than a half inch=
. You can see where the previous owner notched the leaf springs so the tire=
 won=E2=80=99t rub, so I suppose I can make these wheels work but I might b=
e giving up track width. <br>
Thanks,<br>
Dusty Nicholson _______________________________________________<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/johnstydo@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/fot/johnstydo@gmail.com</a><br>

--000000000000bc0fa305c20222a1--