Re: Geex for Dummies

To: Wally Strzelec <Wally@Tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: Geex for Dummies
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:57:36 -0700
One of the best things about GEEZ is comparing two similar runs with
similar times and eventually finding all the places that you were faster
than him, and all the places that he was faster than you.

I do a LOT of segment timing, using cross-points on the lateral chart
for references, together with the Stopwatch gage.  Click on a point on
the chart where the chart crosses 0 g's.  Then click on the stopwatch.
The click on the end of the segment you wish to measure, again using a
zero-g crossover on the lateral chart for reference.

If the difference in your time and your co-driver's times are .6
seconds, it's almost a sure thing that you outran him...somewhere.  He
outran you in more places.  Once you find the segments that you did
well, or where he was exceptional, then you can start working on
figuring out the why's.

As Mark Sirota mentioned, check how soon you were on the gas, how hard
you were on the gas, or try color coding your maps both with Usage and
look for the red spots.  Quite often two maps will look about the same
when colored green/red, but will look massively different when color
coded for usage.

Anyway, lots of different ways to go here.

--Byron