Re: Does GEEZ work on longer runs?

To: "Saucier, Glenn A." <gasaucier@NMCCO.com>
Subject: Re: Does GEEZ work on longer runs?
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 18:14:34 -0700
Hi Glenn,

The software currently is tailored around short runs, and
has a 6 minute single run recording limit.  We are working
on a multi-lap version, but I wouldn't suggest buying this
or any product based on a future release...you could just as
well wait for the future release to actually occur.  I do
have a prototype of the multi-lap software that we've been
playing with, but we aren't really happy with it yet.  So
I'm not sure when it'll release, but it shouldn't be long.

However, in all seriousness, my record of releasing things
as early as I think I should isn't all that great!  :-(  So
if you can stand to wait a little, perhaps we can be a good
match in a couple weeks or a month.

For how useful it is in Driver Education, I use it to teach
a couple of different courses.  One is for drivers to learn
how to better use GEEZ to learn how to improve their
autocross performance.  The other is to teach newbies (who
happen to be GM engineers) the fundamentals of going fast on
track.

In both cases, GEEZ is a perfect match.  Also, TrackTime is
developing an autocross school and intends to use GEEZ with
their presentation, led by Brian Priebe.  And McKamey
autocross schools has two GEEZ systems that they intend to
begin using in Test & Tune programs.

Other opinions about using GEEZ as a teaching tool?

--Byron