Re: Calibration is wrong

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Calibration is wrong
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 01:04:02 -0600 (MDT)
Yes, I am subscribed to this list, though I don't actually read it too much.
RealSoonNow I'll do what it takes to come up with all that's needed to run
a cube in my autocrosser.

But for now, I'll repeat what I've said before, and what I think is covered in
the intro file for this list.  Attachments don't work.  Send your messages in
simple plain text.  Aren't the data files actually just number strings, and
not binary data?  That is, can't folks just send mail which looks like

 Here's the file from my first Saturday run:

  NNN XX NNNN ...
  NNN XX NNNN ...
  NNN XX NNNN ...

I'm not that familiar with the current state of PC technology, but is it
just impossible to include the actual data without going through all this
attachment nonsense?

The week after Memorial Day I'll be taking some vacation, in theory to make
some progress in getting paint on the Killer Spitfire.  A fair amount of that
time, I fear, will be in further configuration issues and such related to
moving the autox.team.net services.  Perhaps I can whack on majordomo a bit
to provide some leeway for this list when it comes to message content.

mjb.