Re: Calibration is wrong

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Calibration is wrong
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:33:06 -0700
To clarify Mark's point about attachments a bit, the *.GCD
files and the *.INI files are both just plain text files.
Because of this it's possible to just copy the text itself
right into the body of the e-mail.  To do this, first open
the GCD file with a text program, such as Notepad.  Copy the
entire file as a block, then insert that block into your
e-mail.

Here's a snippet from the top of Lee's SSC5.GCD file (which
I received as a direct attachment just fine), for instance:

0,6
0,8
0,11
0,14
0,18
-1,22
-1,26
-1,29
-1,32
-1,35
-2,37
-2,38
-2,40
-2,40

etc.

In the same way, we can include the INI file as well.  Now
this certainly can make for some long messages, as a 50
second GCD is 500 lines, but it would work.

I think that it's probably more appropriate to swap GCD
files directly rather than through the listserve, however.
Unless Mark is able to get a good majordomo fix for this
list that makes attachments go neatly, direct e-mailing is a
better bet for attachments.

--Byron