Re: Calibration is wrong

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Calibration is wrong
From: Lee Witkowski <lwitkowski@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:35:03 -0500
Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Yes, I am subscribed to this list, though I don't actually read it too much.
> RealSoonNow I'll do what it takes to come up with all that's needed to run
> a cube in my autocrosser.
>
> But for now, I'll repeat what I've said before, and what I think is covered in
> the intro file for this list.  Attachments don't work.  Send your messages in
> simple plain text.  Aren't the data files actually just number strings, and
> not binary data?  That is, can't folks just send mail which looks like
>
>  Here's the file from my first Saturday run:
>
>   NNN XX NNNN ...
>   NNN XX NNNN ...
>   NNN XX NNNN ...

Yes we can. But we can also send the files as attachments directly to
one another. In the future this is what I plan to do. The downside of
this is that it defeats the purpose of the mailing list, i.e. sharing
the data. Sharing Geez data is one of the main reasons I joined this
list. I'm having problems and I'd like some "group therapy." Now I
suppose I'm limited to Dr. Short.   ;{)

How many list members would be willing to accept file attachments for
troubleshooting? Mike, Todd, Steve? I can create a group in my address
book which contains your names. When I have a problem or an interesting
run, I'll send it to Geez and the group. The rest of the list will get
MIME garbage, but they'd probably delete it anyway. ;{)

> I'm not that familiar with the current state of PC technology, but is it
> just impossible to include the actual data without going through all this
> attachment nonsense?
>
> The week after Memorial Day I'll be taking some vacation, in theory to make
> some progress in getting paint on the Killer Spitfire.  A fair amount of that
> time, I fear, will be in further configuration issues and such related to
> moving the autox.team.net services.  Perhaps I can whack on majordomo a bit
> to provide some leeway for this list when it comes to message content.

Good luck with your projects!

> mjb.

Lee

--