Handspring Visor compatibility?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Handspring Visor compatibility?
From: "Gordon Acorn" <gacorn@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:31:54 -0400
Hi All,

While checking at Future Shop the other day for a Palm (they still have
none, not even the V's now...), I came across something different, the
Handspring Visor hand-held.  Sales-droid said its a split off from Palm,
and that they are compatible.  I figured I would give it a try at least
and that I might be in business (finally!), but discovered before buying
it that it uses a USB bus to communicate.

Ok, this is a problem since I don't have a USB connection on my PC, and
the Cube needs serial.  Droid said serial wasn't available.  Not
believing this, I did some checking and found that there is a serial
hot-sync cradle available, but no Visor to serial cable.

Has anyone tried one of these yet?  Should the serial connect cradle
work with Geez (Byron?) and the Cube, or do you need a cable?  I think
I'm gonna try it but though someone else may have already.

Thanks in advance!

-Gord
Ottawa, Canada

P.S. One month and counting in my wait for a "lower end" Palm...