Re: AARGH! Lap 20 is the first lap?!?

To: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>,
Subject: Re: AARGH! Lap 20 is the first lap?!?
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 11:43:00 -0600
At 10:30 AM 4/6/02, Byron Short wrote:
>Brian, do you have any idea how or why it did this lap 20
>thing?  I've never seen it happen before...Is there any
>rhyme or reason to it that you could see?  Do you have any
>idea how to duplicate it?

Actually, one way to make it happen is to do exactly
what you suggested to do to fix the problem... just
delete the run files.  When you open the main file
again, it opens with a single lap... number 20.

I've also gotten into that state when I started to
split into laps, then remembered I should do something
before that and switched back to single lap and then
to multi-lap again.  Note... when you first come up,
it shows the lap counter in the tool bar, but the lap
display is blank.  When you click on it and create a
first lap, the lap display is "1".  If you go to options
and go back to single lap, then the lap counter vanishes;
I mean the whole control is gone... not just the number.
Then if you switch it back to multi-lap, the control
comes back with the number 20 in it.

It seems that if it knows it was in multi-lap state but
there are no lap files, then it creates the first lap
as lap number 20.  But if I start with just a clean file,
then I don't have this problem... it starts at lap 1.

I tried deleting the file by the same name with no
extension in addition... that didn't help.

I did find a solution... copy the .gcd file to a new
name and forget the old file(s).

Thanks,

Brian