NonBallasted and resistor for Coil - What's it all mean?

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: NonBallasted and resistor for Coil - What's it all mean?
From: "Rick Neves _._" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 19:20:29 -0500
I'm still having some problem's getting my newly rebuilt engine to run
smoothly and I've narrowed it down to the coil.

I think may be some education is in order.

What does the term ballasted mean for a coil?

If I purchase a non-ballasted coil for my 100-4, which is what is specified,
does that mean I have to add a resistor? Does the term Ballasted coil mean the
coil has the resistor built in?

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2 - its getting there!