Re: Fender Mirrors - Flat or Convex?

To: Rick Neville <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fender Mirrors - Flat or Convex?
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:59:42 -0600
Hi Rick,

I think a lot of people copied the early Jags on the forward fender
placement. They did look kind of stylish at the time.

Convex mirrors will give a little wider field of view but you still
won't see much. As you have figured out, the closer to the driver, the
better the viewing.  The ultimate for function is door mount mirrors &
they don't get bumped nearly as much. Any relocation toward the rear
will help. Quite a few are mounted around 6" to 12" in front of the
windshield. The only problem is how to fill the old holes.

Dave Russell