Re: Reinserting the wiring in the steering stator tube?

To: "Esko & Megan Cate" <enmcate@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reinserting the wiring in the steering stator tube?
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 00:29:33 -0400
Exko,

That shoulder you experienced is the end of the stator tube.  The tube from
the traf slides over the stator tube so when you try to run the wires down
they hit the stator tube end.  Takes a lot of fiddling to get all the
bullets or wire tips in your case from jamming up against it and balling up
the whole mess when you try to pull things through.

Keith Pennell

> Thanks for all the input.  Finally unsoldered the tips and redid them
after
> pulling the wires.  Even then it was not easy.  Felt like there was a
catch
> fairly high up in the stator tube, possibly the end of the notch.  Broke
the
> string that I was trying to use and inserted a fairly stiff wire.
Attached