RE: Reinserting the wiring in the steering stator tube?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Reinserting the wiring in the steering stator tube?
From: "Esko & Megan Cate" <enmcate@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:44:03 -0700
Thanks for all the input.  Finally unsoldered the tips and redid them after
pulling the wires.  Even then it was not easy.  Felt like there was a catch
fairly high up in the stator tube, possibly the end of the notch.  Broke the
string that I was trying to use and inserted a fairly stiff wire.  Attached
a finer wire to the end of that and then to the wires.  It would catch on
something fairly quickly and jam up.  About the sixth try (and after using a
round file in the top part) it cleared that catch and went easily after
that.  Can't conceive of doing it with the tips on.

Also, thanks for input on restoring the steering wheel.  After consideration
(and looking at my bank balance), I painted the bakelite and reinstalled the
old steering wheel.  Will wrap the outside later.  Going cheap for now.

Esko
BJ7