Re: Dropped in the black hole of doom.

To: ahpowered@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dropped in the black hole of doom.
From: Simonlachlan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 05:18:06 EDT
ahpowered@hotmail.com writes:

> dropped a banjo bolt from carb down into a frame strut while trying to
> find out why the Mashed BN7 was not getting fuel. Criminy! I stuck a screw
> driver in there to see how deep. Looks like it goes on for ever. I suppose
> the banjo bolt is brass and a magnet will not pull out. This strut looks
> like it might be a common spot to drop valuable parts into.
>
> Any suggestions? I finally get the engine back together and today was the
> day to fire. No luck w/o gas.

Are you sure the bolt is brass? Test it for magnetism...I think mine are
magnetic/respond to a magnet/iron..whatever the word is!
So, I've used a long magnet before for fising things out of both (!) those
traps. You must see them in yr hardware shops. Looks like an a car antenna in a
biro case. The little magnet on mine will pick up a hammer.
Tape it up so it won't withdraw into itself and force it down. I came up with
a little screw driver and a mini spanner.........neither mine!
Have fun,
Simon.