First Drive

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Drive
From: Rick Swain <grain@auracom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:57:28 -0300
I finally got around to adjusting the carbs I rebuilt this winter and my
wife and I went for our first drive in the Healey when she got home from
work. The driveway has dried up so I didn't get the car muddy. We only went
for about 40 miles but it was great. It felt like I got the carbs dialed in
right, the temperature was in the high teens (that's celsius), the frost
heaves are gone from the pavement and there aren't too many potholes. The
work I did on heatproofing the cockpit seems to have worked (okay the real
test will come in July) because when I turned off the blower, pushed the
temp to min and pulled out the heater knob things got cooler inside the car.

The car drove and handled really well and I have decided to just forget
about what the chassis looks like and concentrate on enjoying the outings.

There's a loon back on our lake and the spring peepers are calling in the
evening so spring must be here. Right?

Cheers

Rick
'59 BN4