Re: Left Rear Bearing Problems - BJ7

To: "Big Sixer" <healey@ledwith.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Left Rear Bearing Problems - BJ7
From: "John Snyder" <johnahsn@olypen.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 19:04:36 -0700
Well, here is a partial answer.  Many years ago when I was racing a Bug-Eye,
had the same problem.

OK, this goes back about 20 years, so, please List, don't dump on me.
Loctite had a product called Bearing Mount. It fixes the outer race of the
bearing into the hub.  It worked good...stopped spinning the bearing...but
finally went to Huffaker double row bearings, because was still breaking
rear axles.  There was just too much side load (fat racing slicks) for the
stock bearings.

John Snyder

 My rear bearing is spinning in the hub - the outside portion of