RE: Changing Non-adjustable to adjustable steering

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Changing Non-adjustable to adjustable steering
From: Alan Bromfield <Alan.Bromfield@ntl.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:12:07 +0100
Hey Guys.

John Snyder [mailto:johnahsn@olypen.com]
Wrote.............
'I talked to Bill Bolton (tri-carb and general Healey expert), and he said
that
it is not that unusual for a Heritage certificate to have a mistake in it'.

Jeez - you bet!

These Heritage Certificates are a fun little trinket, but don't run away
with any idea that they might be accurate.  I have purchased two of them
(BN4 & BJ8) and they have both been PROVEN to be wrong and then replaced
with corrected versions.  Just ask Steve 'BJ8' Byers about certificate
accuracy.

I still have very little faith that my replacements properly reflect the
original build cards.  Gaydon refuse to provide copies of the build card to
support the certificate - wonder why?  They provide full details to the
Aston-Martin owners.  Could it be that they don't want us to know how poor
their quality control is?

I have told them in my various discussions that proven quality is more
important than quantity. I for one would pay more to obtain a facsimile of
the build card in support of the certificate, but they're not listening.

(Returns hobby horse to darkened room....)

Alan Bromfield
http://www.nfahc.co.uk

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal
attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited