Panhard Rod

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Panhard Rod
From: "derek job" <djjob@noos.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:56:45 +0200
I was feeling bored so he's a question for you.

my car has been running without a panhard rod since Ive had it. A couple of
years ago I was talking to a hot rod friend who didnt think much of them. said
they affected the handling.

I was recently reading article by a guy who owns a Sunbeam Tiger that he
races. he said that that we he accelerates hard out of a corner the panhard
rod starts steering the car!

So the questions

Apart from "locating the rear axle" what does the panhard rod do?

In normal driving does it matter if you have one or not?

If racing are there plusses and minuses?

just asking out of interest

cheers

Derek Job
58 BN4