Re: Panhard Rod

To: derek job <djjob@noos.fr>
Subject: Re: Panhard Rod
From: dicksonr@uwm.edu
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 22:33:04 -0500
Derek,
I can't really speak directly for the panhard rod on my Healey and it's
handling,... but I also have a panhard rod on my Cobra replica and I do have an

opinion on that.  I have a panhard rod with a four link suspension on it.  It
is all heim jointed (10 heims).  I think that it is a hinderance on a bumpy
road when it comes to handling.  I have read and heard from others that the
pivot points of the panhard rod are important.  Meaning above or below the rear

end.  Look at Fred Puhn's (sp) book on Making Your Car Handle.  Maybe Healey
handling could be made better with attention paid to where the panhard rod
mounts and how it moves (heim joints).  Just a thought.

Randy Dickson
Healey Archeologist
63 BJ-7

!