Thermostat Selection in Hot climates

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thermostat Selection in Hot climates
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:39:24 -0500
I know that I am not in the dessert, but when is it recommended to switch to
the 160 degree thermostat?  As I said the other day the temp of the car,
when driving in a 90 degree day was about 195.  Here in Houston we should
hit the mid 90's later this week!

Also, when should I switch back to the 180 if I put the 160 in.

Thanks
Patton

PS, if your curious here is the avg temp range for my area.

Jan     Avg High - 61F          Avg Low - 40F
Feb     Avg High - 65F          Avg Low - 43F
Mar     Avg High - 71F          Avg Low - 50F
Apr     Avg High - 78F          Avg Low - 58F
May     Avg High - 85F          Avg Low - 64F
Jun     Avg High - 90F          Avg Low - 71F
Jul     Avg High - 93F          Avg Low - 72F
Aug     Avg High - 92F          Avg Low - 72F
Sep     Avg High - 88F          Avg Low - 68F
Oct     Avg High - 82F          Avg Low - 58F
Nov     Avg High - 72F          Avg Low - 50F
Dec     Avg High - 65F          Avg Low - 42F

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
'57 A-H 100-Six - http://Austin-Healeys.com
Please see my parts wanted list at the site...