Re: Thermostat Selection in Hot climates

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Thermostat Selection in Hot climates
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:40:19 -0600
Patton,

A cooler thermostat won't help cooling if the engine wants to run hotter
than the setting. It WILL give you a little more margin for temp rise
during a short stop on a cooler day. Engines are more efficient when run
hotter, as long as it doesn't go too far above 200. I would just put in
the 180 & leave it. I have tried both & with the 160, the temp stays at
about 190-200 on a hot day. Same with the 180. If you have overheating
(boiling) there are other problems.

Dave Russell