Re: Baffled!

To: Russ Staub <bbb11489@azboss.net>
Subject: Re: Baffled!
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 23:25:05 -0600
Hi Russ,

The Fours only had a horizontal baffle, from bottom of grill to
radiator, & a vertical section in the middle. Some have fabricated side
deflectors for the Fours, lot of work. Don't know how well they work.
You could experiment with cardboard & duct tape to see if it helps your
cars.

The air deflectors shown in the catalog are sometimes left out. They DO
seem to help in hot climates.
I suspect that  the problem is more a matter of the air having no where
to go after it leaves the radiator. As an experiment, unlatch the hood
so that it pops up a couple of inches & is held by the safety catch.
Lets a lot of hot air out. A louvered hood could help also. I have found
this to make a difference at higher speeds on a hot day. Maybe the
Rallye vents that are cut into the sides of the front wings do the same
thing.

The whole problem has so many variables & subjective evaluations that it
is hard to guarantee a fix.
Dave Russell
BN2