Re: Re timing marks

To: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>, list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re timing marks
From: Scot paulson <SPAULSON1@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:55:41 -0400
Message text written by Dave & Marlene
>My experience is that on a completely cold engine, (overnight) if it
will start without a choke, the mixture is a bit too rich. Maybe the jet
adjusting nuts could be leaned a bit or the choke linkage isn't
completely releasing. (Jets  not returning to their full up position
when the cable is released.) Not a serious problem as long as you are
happy with the way it runs.

Dave Russell
BN2<

Dave,

Along these same lines,my BJ8 will not start without choke, however, I do
not think it is adjusted correctly and am not happy with the idle as the
engine warms up.

Frankly, this basic adjustment is somewhat of a mystery to me and I do not
know how to correctly adjust my choke. I am familiar with the slow idle and
jet adjusting screws.

Could you or someone on the list be instructive concerning choke
calibration?

Currently, when I have full choke applied on a cold engine it coughs and
sputters barely maintaining 1000 RPM with noticeable black smoke out the
back! This transitions to a nice idle and no smoke as the engine warms.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Scot
'66 BJ8