Re: Re timing marks

To: Orbittor@aol.com, BogiStogi@aol.com, TonyOnboard@aol.com, NSR@adorno.com,
Subject: Re: Re timing marks
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:14:19 -0700
re:

" Using the throttle plates as an idle adjustment is bad practice for a
> number of reasons.
> Throttle plates are not designed to be run that way. The setting
> cannot, and will not stay constant and will require "tweaking"
> frequently"

Much just be my car, but I adjust like Dave mentioned and my idle
is rock solid.  I open up the slow-run valves to compensate for altitude,
and can return them to the sea level setting with no problem (guess you
could call that "tweaking").

For the record, I've seen some authoritative SU literature that says to
close the slow-run valve completely and set idle with throttles alone.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net