Re: Re timing marks

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re timing marks
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:58:49 -0700
> > I always adjust the throttle stops at about 1 turn ON the stop.
> > This allows about < .010" clearance between the bore and the butterfly and
> > will prevent the butterfly from sticking, distorting and wear from use.
> > Then the air bleeds SHOULD be used to set the final idle speed....

I came to this conclusion as well.  In addition, this allows the idle
screws to be open about 1-1.5 turns for 650-700 rpm, which allows for
some adjustment when going from sea level (home) into the mountains,
which drops the idle speed (due to lower density air).

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net