Re: Re timing marks

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re timing marks
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:57:11 -0400
On Fri June 18 2004 10:14 am, frogeye wrote:
> OK you guys...IF the throttle stops have no purpose, as the majority seem
> to believe, then WHY did the manufacturer even bother to provide an
> "adjustment" device when a simple non-adjustable stop would have sufficed?

Can't speak for them, but if it were my design, the adjustment would be there
to provide a stop to keep the throttle plates from getting "wedged" in the
closed position.  The adjustment is sufficiently sensitive that a molded-in
potmetal boss wouldn't be accurate enough, and would provide no ability to
adjust to compensate for wear.

On a carb with adjustable bypass for idle, those screws should be adjusted to
let the plates ("butterflies") close as much as possible, short of sticking.
--
John Miller

Ehrman's Commentary:
        (1) Things will get worse before they get better.
        (2) Who said things would get better?