RE: Burning up rotors - plus tech tip to get home!

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Burning up rotors - plus tech tip to get home!
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 05:36:23 -0500
Well, I guess a "nevermind" is in order.  It is obvious that every rotor
that has been in my car has been incorrect.  The strange thing is that they
are coming from different sources, and different people ordering them.

The first two were purchased by the PO, and they probably came from Victoria
British, as that is where he bought most of his parts.

The third I bought from Realey Healey as part of one of their complete tune
up kits.  It was prepackaged with a correct distributor cap.

The fourth came from a fellow club member after the car died at the last
meeting.

The fifth came from Carquest after it was recommended by another club member
as that actually being the correct one.

I never saw the rotor that I got yesterday until then.  I wonder how many
others are getting this wrong?

Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
'57 A-H 100-Six - http://Austin-Healeys.com
- Marissa: "Wow, that's really loud."
- Frank: "Yeah, thanks, I took the restrictor plate off. ...give the red
dragon a little more juice. But uh, let's keep that on the downlow! It's not
exactly street legal."
Old School