Re: "Hot Replies"

To: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Hot Replies"
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:56:13 -0700
Hello List,

Still getting replies to my "hot" post.. As part of the complete engine
rebuild, both the block and the head were hot tanked and cleaned, plus the
head was bead blasted.

Thanks to pervious replies, I double checked the baffles that lead air to
the radiator.  They were not as well placed as I thought.  (It's hell to get
old, and think you did something correctly, and then go back and see that it
is not is right)   The next step is to reposition these baffles, or add
extensions to them to be sure no hot air gets recirculated.

The radiator has a new core which matches the original radiator in my
unrestored BT7 MK1.

John Snyder