Re: stiff ride - does it have to be this way?

To: "Healey List \(E-mail\)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stiff ride - does it have to be this way?
From: "Paul Negus" <Paul.Negus@iplbath.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:41:14 +0100
Ryan

Is the jolt caused by the car hitting the bump stops? I replaced both rear
springs on my 100/6 recently and found that I had two different height bump
stops - the shorter was the correct size.

I haven't heard of anyone removing leaves from a rear spring. In fact my new
rears have an extra leaf to stop the usual sagging that occurs and the ride is
no different from the previous standard set.

One other thing - is your seat cushion in good condition? They comprise a very
important part of the overall design when it comes to quality of ride.

Regards

Paul

Longbridge BN4