Re: fuel pump problems

To: ruvino@ripnet.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel pump problems
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:07:42 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/2004 11:17:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ruvino@ripnet.com writes:
As far as I can tell (getting to old to get totally under the car) the steel
fuel pipe is all one piece so no fittings to worry about--microscopic hole in
the steel line? should this be replaced? it's approximately 15 years old

I'd suspect either an air leak or that the screen on the tank fuel pickup is
clogged.  FWIW I removed the screen (it really serves as a filter which is not
visible or easily serviced) and installed an in-line filter under the wheel
arch between the tank and the pump.  It is simple to check and, if necessary,
replace.

Best--Michael
.