Re: tri-carb

To: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tri-carb
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:42:05 -0700
Kurt,

Sounds like you're describing the vent tubes/pipes that bolt onto the
top of the float bowl and take a (rounded) 90deg bend downward.
These should have a fuel-proof plastic tube attached that is routed
through hole(s) on the carb heat shield down beside the engine to
about the bottom of the chassis.  They pipe overflow gas--can happen
if your needle valve sticks open--onto the ground instead of letting it spray
about your engine compartment.

I used some rubber fuel line but (I think) I had to widen the holes
on the heat shield a little.  Use rubber grommets on the heat shield
holes.

The pipes should have a couple of gaskets: one is a fiber gasket with
notches cut on the ID that goes under the "banjo" of the pipe, the
other is an aluminum one that goes under the bolt on the top of the
banjo.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net

> I am currently re-installing carbs on BT-7 and there are two fuel out
> let lines on float chambers both open to the float chamber one from the
> float jet and one from the top of the chamber. There were no lines on
> the second out let when I purchased the car and I haven't seen any info
> on these. Should they be inter connected as an equalizer ?
> Kurt L. Mass

Check out the new British Cars Forum: