Re: License plate

To: N5572B@aol.com, clocks@midcoast.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: License plate
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 18:19:45 EDT
James, Dave, et al:

And, even better than THAT, though I'm not sure they are still legal? (I know
that the yellow on black are) is the black on yellow. I still have at least
one of those original plates for my 62 BT7 tricarb center-shift. If I'm
remembering correctly, those were supposed to be turned in when the yellow on
black
plates were issued, late in 1962. Mine was XNP801, so you can see it was close
to the end.

Fearing some undue regulatory crap from "big brother" (not unreasonable in
the Peoples Republic of California) I always kept my car registered, even
though
it was non-op for about 15 years. So, I actually have a CURRENT "black plate"
(they were never recalled) on my car today.

After the yellow on black 3 letter-3 number, they went to gold on blue with
3L-3N, next they added a leading number to that format, but kept the colors as
is, then they went to the (current) blue on reflective white, still with
1N-3L-3N.

More than you wanted to know . . . . . .

Check out the new British Cars Forum: