Re: License plate

To: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>
Subject: Re: License plate
From: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:46:21 -0700
Steven,
     Your black plate will do no one else any good.  The only way you
can use a black plate is if you can prove it was assigned to the car
originlly in 1962/3.  I have serous doubts that a black plate will raise
the value of your car by as much as $5000, but you should keep it in
case YOU ever move back to California and you can prove the plate was
assigned to your car.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite (Origianl black plate)
56 BN2 (no plate)

Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU wrote:

>It really amazes me sometimes as to what "strikes a chord" with the listers
>and which posts get virtually no response and which get tremendous response.
>Black license plates is one that got more than I ever would have imagined.
>Good basic question, though.  For the record, my black plate was replaced by
>a Nebraska plate, a Minnesota plate, an Oklahoma plate (which is still
>bolted on the rear of the BJ8) and soon a Texas plate - as that is where I
>live now.  Maybe I should put my black plate on e-bay?  Seems to be a lot of
>interest on a simple stamped piece of rectangular metal painted black with
>yellow letters.  However, if it raises the value of the car $5,000 (as
>stated as a possibility in another post....) perhaps I will keep it.  The
>only reason it is in the trunk is because I keep virtually everything, it
>seems.  Well, wishing you all a good Friday and happy Healeying over the
>weekend!  Stever

Check out the new British Cars Forum: