Cam, Fast Road, Healey 3000

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cam, Fast Road, Healey 3000
From: "John Close" <John.Close@sduhsd.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:08:32 -0700
Hello Listers - I will be changing the cam in my Healey. The reground
cam I'm presently using has valve slap and noise, which I want to
eliminate. So far, if I decide to go with a regrind, Elgin looks best to
me. I'd prefer a new cam, which might lead me to Denis Welch or a Piper
Cams, both of which offer a milder cam for street use which improves on
the BJ8 cam. Any comments, advice or additional suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. I want to take my time on this one and get it
right. Thank You - John BN6/3000

Check out the new British Cars Forum: