Re: Early Longbridge BN4 interiors

To: "Mick Vander Ploeg" <mvanderploeg@nc.rr.com>, <djjob@noos.fr>,
Subject: Re: Early Longbridge BN4 interiors
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 16:45:10 -0400
Mick,
Those were all the photos I have on that car. I do recall that of course the
boot was entirely trimmed in red armacord, another great touch with these
early cars.
The furflex cross section is a hollow rubber tube inside of a surrounding
fuzzy material that has about an inch wide flat woven "tail" where the
material wraps back onto itself. This tailing edge is glued to the inside
rear edge of the front quarter trim panel, leaving only the round fuzzy
section exposed. When this flat tail section reaches the top of the trim
panel which is immediately under the dash supporting structure, it is sliced
horizontally, and the remaining tail from there on up jumps outboard of the
steel sidewall, to tuck between the windscreen base and the outer side of
the sidewall. That is what causes the fuzzy portion to jog slightly outboard
in the picture.
Rich