Re: Fulcrum pins won't budge

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fulcrum pins won't budge
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 18:09:07 -0400
Dave,
I don't know how long yours have been in, but they can be stubborn to remove.
When I last removed mine, it seems to me that I remember having to use a
hand-maul (hand sledge) to drive the fulcrum pin out. I hammered carefully on
the threaded end, and eventually a good sharp whack broke them loose. The
problem seems to be that the washers, and the inner metal sleeves of the
rubber bushings can freeze to the pin.. When driving the pin out, the bushings
absorb a lot of the impact, so it is hard to break the pin loose with even a
normal weight hammer.. I don't suppose a penetrating oil would hurt the
process, but it would be hard to get it in to the metal sleeves in the
bushings where it is needed.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA