Re: Fulcrum pins won't budge

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fulcrum pins won't budge
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:39:19 -0700
Dave,

If all else fails, you can sharpen the tips of a tie rod end separator--aka a
"pickle fork"--and use it to wedge the pin out (with hammerly persuasion).
If you're careful, you'll only bend the flat on the pin, which can be pounded
flat (or just replace them while you're at it).

Cheap, one-piece versions of these should be available at your local parts
house:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=38649

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net

> Help.  The inner fulcrum pins on the lower wishbone arms on my  BN7 will not
> move.  I have, after much work, managed to remove the split  pins and castle
> nuts.  The fulcrum pins however are not even beginning  to move.  Frustration
> is setting in and before I go crazy on them and do  something really dumb I
> thought I'd back away and ask the experts.  I have  searched the archives
>with no
> real success on the lower inner fulcrum  pins.  Thanks for any advise.
>
> Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: