Re: Vac Advance...

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Vac Advance...
From: andy65 <andy65@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:14:21 -0400
Yes, there is one way that I discovered:  Suck on it.  If the vacuum unit is
good, you will the the arm move back and forth.  It really doesn't take much
effort.

This is easier with the vacuum unit removed from the distributor.  You may
have more effort moving it against the springs if connected.

If you put a tube on it, be sure the tube has a good seal.  The size of the
vacuum line and the line on replacement vacuum units are different diameter.

Andy

> Is there an easy way to test my distributor's Vacuum advance to (visually)
> check that it works?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: