Re: Was oil pressure

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Was oil pressure
From: andy65 <andy65@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:26:19 -0400
This may or may not be the problem but it is worth checking.  If you have
the original oil filter setup, there is a right way and wrong way to get the
spring and various washers in place.  I always put it back together exactly
the way it came apart when I first got the car.  Oil pressure always seemed
on the low side.  Kicked the parts and got them mixed up one day and looked
at the manual to get the sequence right. Oil pressure jumped up 10 lbs!

Andy

> As mentioned earlier I drove my car for about 35 min down the freeway.
> Suddenly, the engine began to make a clicking noise (valves).  I noticed the
> oil pressure was at zero.  I later towed my car home and checked the
> pressure relief valve.  It didn't look bad.  I cleaned up the assembly and
> reinstalled it.  I started up the car and was able to get 40 lbs.  Anyone
> have an idea what may have happened?  What should the oil pressure be?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: