Re: Trans noises (Smitty 5spd - Toyota - no Healey content?) -

To: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Trans noises (Smitty 5spd - Toyota - no Healey content?) -
From: Dean Caccavo <healeybn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
After receiving several email suggesting that my
throwout bearing was bad, I rushed home after work to
check it out.

Could I have been that stupid to rebuild my trans when
a 30 dollar bearing was all that was needed?  Did I
look for the most expensive solution first while
bypassing the obvious. I have done it before.

Well - turns out it is more than just the throwout
bearing and here is my rational.  The noise does not
change with a slight depression of the clutch or even
at 3/4 travel.  It only goes away when the clutch is
FULLY disengaged and the input shaft stops turning...

Oh well.  For once I didn't overlook one obvious
problem.  There may be another one starring me in the
face...

Dean BN7

Check out the new British Cars Forum: