Healey BJ8 Interior

Subject: Healey BJ8 Interior
From: Skip Besaw <besaw55@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:51:52 -0700 (PDT)
I'm looking for some input off list

I have a recently restored 67 BJ8, Red over Black. The only remaining work on
the car is the interior, i.e. seats. They are original and although worn with a
few marks there are no rips or tears. They have a nice patina. I have won every
show in my class this year and I am thinking of entering in one Concours event
for the experience next year. Here comes the question.

I have ordered Heritage black leather interior with red piping. I hear two
schools of thought.
Will installing this new interior, instead of leaving the old, have a positive,
negative or neutral effect on the desirability or judgability of the car?
Thanks for replying off line

Skip

Check out the new British Cars Forum: