BT7 tonneau bar and stiffners

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BT7 tonneau bar and stiffners
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 05:20:13 -0700
I have an  original style tonneau cover with sleeves.  I have stiffners
made of oak and a  stiffner bar.  My question is how long should the
stiffners be?
Should they ride atop the stiffner bar?  Underneath?  Or should they be
short enough as to not interfere with the stiffner bar.  I left them
long enough that they
just fit in the sleeves and allow the flap to be folded over and
connect to the murphy studs.  They currently ride atop the stiffner
bar.  I will probably cut these shorter
unless some one can convince me otherwise.

Tracy

Check out the new British Cars Forum: