Re: Steering and Cleanup

To: "Healey List" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, <RAHosmer@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Steering and Cleanup
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:37:58 -0700
Dick,
The correction order should be: 1. get the front end alignment first (if you
adjust the steering wheel first, it will move out of its correct position
slightly if the alignment is adjusted); 2. then adjust the steering wheel so
that one of the spokes (the other two will be at 4 and 8 o'clock if it's an
original or Derrington wheel) is at the 12 o'clock position "when the front
wheels are in the straight ahead position"; 3. adjust the trafficator so
that the lever is at the 12 o'clock position.
If you would like details for doing items 2 or 3, let me know.  I've done it
several times on several cars.
Vrooom vroom,
John