Re: 65BJ8 solid state ignition, and, carb heat shieldmaterials?

To: tom felts <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: 65BJ8 solid state ignition, and, carb heat shieldmaterials?
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:18:03 -0700
Tom,
Glad you have trouble free operation.  My point (pun) exactly.  I do not
have to fiddle with them, in fact
we both repeatedly see posts where someone says, "I fiddled with it now
I am having this problem or that".
My only problem has been a cheapo rotor.  The car has run for 44 years
on points.  I am happy, your are happy.
It's all good.  Perhaps some day an electronic unit will fall out of the
sky in my lap.  If that happens I'll give it a
try, until then I have points plus a few road spares.  You want the beef
or chicken?  Red wine or white? Blond or
Brunett (or redhead, can't leave them out).  By the way Tom any good
driving adventures lately?  I went with my
oldest brother up to Calistoga wine and spa country last week.  What a
blast!!!!  We picked grapes, stomped them
and made wine, and got a bit drunk.  The rain was not too cooperative
but the BT7 did well (350mi),  I even used
 the soft top for it's intended purpose.  I had a small leak at the top
of the windshield, perhaps there is a seal I am missing?
Cheers!!
Tracy

Check out the new British Cars Forum: