Re: 65BJ8 solid state ignition, and, carb heat shieldmaterials?

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 65BJ8 solid state ignition, and, carb heat shieldmaterials?
From: John Peak <redbn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:30:07 -0700 (PDT)
tom felts <tomfelts@earthlink.net> wrote:

Here we go again----points vs electronic. Can't help myself---why in the
world would anyone ever again fiddle with points on a frequent basis when a
quick installation (in my case 6 years ago) of a Pertronix can eliminate
that fiddling and give you smooth purring performance?

Like he said--to each his own---------fiddle-on.

Cheers
tom

Tom,

If you have to fiddle with points on a frequent basis you have a worn
distributor.  I haven't fiddled with the points in my BN7 since replacing them
as part of a distributor service two years ago.  I haven't fiddled with the
points in my Datsun 2000 Roadster since installing a new distributor five years
ago.  I do fiddle with the points in my '70 Chev work truck every couple of
years, it's called a tune up!

No bias against Pertronix, just a case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

John

Check out the new British Cars Forum: