Re: Austin Healey 100

To: michaelsalter@rogers.com, cbaustin@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Austin Healey 100
From: JH67HEALEY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:57:29 EST
I very rarily post on the list but in this case I will. I have been thru
every book in my Healey library (123), through every brochure (46) and in none
of them is there any reference to the 100/4. The earliest book written by
Donald  Healey and Tommy Wisdom does not mention a 100/4. The Austin Healey
Hundreds  that came to the Salt Flats in Sept 1953 were all Austin Healey
Hundreds.

And as stated in the C.P Davidson book,

"At the 1952 London Motor Show the "100" was annouced and immediately
attracted considerable attention. So great were the orders taken, that
production
at the Healey works would have taken many months to meet them.  Austins stepped
into the breach and offered to mass-produce the car at  Longbridge. Thus on
October 24th, 1952, the Healey 100 became the Austin Healey  100".

I hope this helps a little.

John S. Hunt

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.